What about gifts that the abusive person gave me?

Gifts are permanent. He cannot take them back.

He can file a case in court and say that they are not gifts and he should get them back.

Of course, he has to prove in court that it is not a gift.

Produced by an AmeriCorps Project of Western Massachusetts Legal Services updated and revised Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Last Updated November 2010

Who to call for help

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Chapter 11. Appendix

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm