You are here

How do I ask for a custody order?

If you do not need a custody order right away to keep your children safe, you can file a case in a Probate and Family Court.

If you do need a custody order right away because of domestic violence, you can file a 209A Complaint for Protection from Abuse.

If you need a custody order right away for your child’s well-being and happiness, you can file a Motion for Temporary Custody.

Produced by Attorney Jeff Wolf for MassLegalHelp
Created January 2017

Who to call for help

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm