Eviction Self Help Forms and Letters

You will need the free program Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to see and print the pdf files on this page. You can download the program for free on Adobe's website.

  pdf Sample Summary Process Complaint   pdf Sample Execution   pdf Lockout/Utility Shut-off Demand Letter pdf Motion to Dismiss   pdf Representing Yourself in an Eviction pdf Housing Code Checklist pdf The Answer: How to Defend Your Eviction pdf Discovery: Getting Information for Trial   pdf Discovery: for Tenants and Former Owners in Foreclosed Properties pdf Transfer Form pdf Removing Default   pdf Where Do You File an Appeal   pdf Appeals in Housing and Superior Courts   pdf Appeals in District Courts   pdf Getting Time to Stay If You Lost Your Case   pdf Indigency Affidavit: Asking for Court Costs
Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute

Sample Summary Process Summons and Complaint

Here's what a summary process Summons and Complaint look like. If you receive this, immediately fill out Booklet 3. You have only a week or so to respond to the court.
PDF Document

Motion to Dismiss

Use this form if your landlord fails to follow the proper steps to terminate your tenancy or file an eviction case or if there is another reason that your case should be dismissed.
PDF Document

Sample Execution

An Execution is the document that a landlord gets from court giving him or her permission to have a constable move you out. This form may vary from court to court.
PDF Document

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Find Legal Aid

You may qualify for free legal assistance from your local legal aid program.

If you are seeking a free attorney, Find Legal Aid

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm