You will need the free program Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to see and print the PDF files on this page. You can download the program for free on Adobe's website.

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute

Tenant Petition for Enforcement of the State Sanitary Code
Use this form to ask the court to:

  • order your landlord to make emergency repairs, 
  • lower your rent until repairs are made, or
  • appoint a temporary landlord or receiver. Get help from a lawyer if you are asking the court to appoint a receiver.
Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Last Updated September 2017

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm