What is the My Account Page and how do I check the status of my benefits?

There are two ways you can check the status of your SNAP application or ongoing benefits without having to call your SNAP worker:

The “My Account Page” (MAP)

If you have access to the Internet, an email address, and have your EBT card, you can set up a “My Account Page” (MAP). While there are a number of questions to fill out, follow these steps to set up your MAP:

Step 1: Visit www.mass.gov/vg/selfservice and click on “My Account Page.”


You will need an e-mail address to start the process. If you not have an email, it is a simple process to create a free email through Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.

Step 2: Look out for an email sent back to you from the MAP with a link. This takes just a couple of minutes. Check your spam filter if you do not get an email.

Step 3: Click on the web link in the DTA email you receive from the Virtual Gateway. You will be asked to create a password and answer two security questions for the account. The next screen will show you an assigned “username”---usually first letter of your first name followed by last name and possibly a number---for example, Msmith2. Be sure you write this down—the username will also be sent to the email you provided.

Step 4: The three steps above set up the MAP account. To get access to your personal case information, you now need to log-in, click on the “My Account Page” link in the middle of the screen. Then you need to enter the following four pieces of information:

  • date of birth,
  • Your SSN,
  • The zip code where you live, and
  • Your EBT card number.

This information is required each time you log-on to the MAP.  As of the date of this Guide, DTA does not allow a MAP to be set up for persons without an EBT card. See How do I use SNAP benefits? regarding how to get a card.

What information will I find on my MAP Account?

There’s lots of information about your SNAP or cash case including:

  • status of your SNAP or cash case, open or closed,
  • all DTA notices and forms sent to you in the past 12 months,
  • names of the individuals listed as a member of your SNAP or cash household,
  • phone number and address DTA has on file for you. (Contact your case manager if you need to update this information.)  
  • amount of your monthly benefit and the date you will receive benefits,,
  • name and phone number of your SNAP worker (case manager),
  • address and contact information for your local DTA office,
  • date your next recertification is due.

You can print out information about your benefits to give to another program as proof (e.g. if you apply for Fuel Assistance) and you can download and print out forms that DTA has sent you in the past 12 months including a SNAP interim report or recertification form.


The MAP does not currently include appeal notices if you wish to challenge a denial, termination or other DTA action. See Appendix C for a copy of an appeal form.

What information can I get through DTA Automated Phone Line?

DTA automated phone is 1-877-382-2363. This “interactive” phone number allows you to find out the:

  • status of your SNAP or cash case,
  • amount of your monthly benefits  and next  payment date,
  • date your next recertification is due, and  
  • name of your DTA worker.

This automated phone line does not give as much case information as the MAP, but you do have the option to speak to a live person (after selecting English or Spanish). To get a live person, press 1 to indicate that you are a current SNAP client and then pressing 9 to speak with a representative. Be prepared to wait until one is available. To access your case information through this phone process, you will need your SSN, year of birth, zip code and your EBT card number (even if not activated).

Should I agree to get electronic notification or paper notices?

In 2014 DTA will start a new project called eNotification. eNotification works with the My Account Page (MAP). If you chose to enroll, you will no longer receive paper DTA notices in the mail. Instead, you will receive an email alert advising you that DTA sent you a notice. The email alert will not include a copy of the actual DTA notice or what it’s about. You will need to log onto you’re MAP account to view the notice and take action. You can opt out of e-notify at any point.


Do not agree to “e-Notification” unless you have regular access to a computer and the internet, you have a MAP set up and you are comfortable with on-line accounts (such as on-line health care accounts or on-line banking). For persons who are limited English proficient or have literacy challenges or are not comfortable using computers, eNotification may not be a good idea. It is also hard to log into the MAP and view notices on the MAP on a smart phone.

Some DTA notices require action so that you don’t lose your benefits. So, it is important to read the notices on the MAP as soon as you get DTA’s email alert. Also, the MAP is currently only in English.

Additional Policy Guidance on Accessing Your Case Information
Additional Policy Guidance on Accessing Your Case Information
  • Launch of DTA’s 2014 eNotification pilot to reduce paper notices by notifying clients electronically and posting notices on MAP. Ops Memo 2013-62 (Dec 12, 2013).
  • MAP upgraded to provide client access to last 12 months of DTA notices, household composition information and status of benefits; also includes information on pilot for provider access to MAP. Ops Memo 2012-41 (Sept. 12, 2012).
  • Interactive Voice Response phone system for case information. DTA Transitions, pg 2 (Jan. 2011).
  • 2010 My Account Page (MAP) rollout. F.O. Memo 2010-06 (January 20, 2010) and Transitions, pg. 1 (Apr. 2010).

Hide Additional Policy Guidance

Produced by Patricia Baker, Victoria Negus, Laura Gallant, Deborah Harris and Rochelle Hahn, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Last Updated January 2014
Get Help Now

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm