Review: Have you completed the following steps?
- Read Notice to Consumer Debtors
- Asked for credit reports
- Gathered most current amounts you owe on all debts
- Signed and recorded Declaration of Homestead (if you own your home)
- Filed federal and state income tax returns for this year (if you file income tax returns)
- Attended credit counseling appointment and received Bankruptcy Certificate
- Gathered your documents checklist
Tips for filling out your Bankruptcy Forms
- Get a calculator, scratch paper, and pencil or erasable pen.
- Finish each step before you go to the next step.
- On a separate paper write down questions you have.
- Ask a lawyer for answers to your questions.
- Look for a lawyer on Find Legal Aid or contact the Pro-Bono law clerk at the Bankruptcy Court.
Let's get started! We begin with Income and Expenses.