Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Staff at the Court Service Centers can chat with you
- Over the phone or
- In a Zoom video meeting.
They can help you:
- Complete legal forms,
- Get legal information,
- Find helpful programs in your community and
- Refer you to legal help.
Their buildings are not open. You cannot go into a Court Service Center now. But you can chat with them:
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 12:00 noon
Court Service Center staff cannot help with every legal question. But they can help with:
- 209A Abuse Prevention Orders,
- 258E Harassment Prevention Orders,
- Commitments (Section 35 and 12),
- Emergency Guardianship of an Incapacitated Person,
- Emergency Guardianship of Minor,
- Emergency Probate and Family Court filings relating to custody/parenting time/child support (i.e. Contempt with showing of exigent circumstances)
- Commotions and Modifications of Child Support,
- Housing TROs,
- Housing motions to vacate default entered since March 1, 2020,
- Housing motions to vacate a dismissal for failure to appear entered since March 1, 2020,
- Housing motions to stay an execution.
When you call or join the Zoom video conference you will:
- Enter a “virtual waiting room”.
- The staff ask you questions to make sure you have all the information and documents they need to help you. They list this information on their webpage What do I need to bring with me when I visit a center?
- If you have what you need, they will meet you one-on-one over the phone or over Zoom video chat.
To chat with Court Service Center:
Phone: (646) 828-7666
When the recording asks for your Meeting ID, type in 1615261140