The Access to Justice Commission Housing Working Group with Massachusetts Legal Aid programs created a four-part training series for community partners who are often the front line for tenants at risk of eviction.
- Understanding the Eviction Process. Summary Process Eviction Basics
- Tools for Tenants Facing Eviction
- Rental Assistance Resources
- Navigating the Eviction Process and Accessing Available Resources.
An introduction to Summary Process law in Massachusetts. This video tells community advocates how to identify the:
- Type of eviction a tenant may be facing, and,
- Stage in the eviction process the tenant is.
Explains and shows how to use Massachusetts Defense for Eviction (MADE) to create Summary Process Answers and MassLegalHelp.org.
A training by the Department of Housing and Community Development about RAFT and ERMA.It describes:
- The benefits of the programs, and
Tenants should try to get help with rent throughout their Summary Process case. The video includes a quick action plan guide to get tenants to available resources.