You are here

Use the CDC Declaration now

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Created November, 2020
If : Actions
You are behind on rent, worried about an eviction, or you got a notice to quit.
You got a Summons and Complaint.
You got a letter from the court with a court date and the deadline to file your Answer.
You already went to your “first court event” but there is no judgment in your case.
If your landlord has a judgment that you must move out. Or you negotiated a settlement to move out.
Landlord mails or gives you a Motion to Issue Execution.
If the landlord challenges your CDC declaration
  • Find a lawyer.
  • Collect proof of your rent payment and applications for rental assistance.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm