Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Emergency Notice

You are here

Help with food and cash during COVID-19

Reviewed May 2020

The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) offices are closed to in-person visits

In-person appointments

As a result of COVID-19  DTA local offices will be closed to in-person visits until further notice.

But they are committed to serving you over the phone and online.

You can still conduct business with DTA :

Apply for SNAP

  • online
  • fax:
    DTA Document Processing Center
    (617) 887-8765
  • mail:
    DTA Document Processing Center
    P.O. Box 4406
    Taunton, MA 02780 or
  • through a SNAP Outreach Provider Call:
    Project Bread (800) 645-8333
    The Food Bank of Western MA (413) 247-9738
    The Greater Boston Food Bank (617)427-5200, or
    Other MA SNAP outreach partners:
  • DTA is not taking in-person SNAP applications.

Apply for TAFDC or EAEDC cash assistance

You cannot apply for cash assistance in person.

EBT Cards

If you need a new or replacement EBT card, use the automated DTA Assistance Line (877) 382-2363. 

Your nearest Transitional Assistance Office will mail you a replacement card.

Follow DTA on Twitter @DTA_Listens

Massachusetts Pandemic EBT (MA P-EBT)

Pandemic EBT is a special food benefit for families whose children qualify for free or reduced price school meals.

Your family may be able to get Pandemic EBT, even if you do not get SNAP or other DTA benefits.

Using your P-EBT card does not impact you or your child’s immigration status. The public charge rule does not apply to P-EBT benefits.

See the Massachusetts Pandemic EBT Program website,  brought to you by the Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA), Massachusetts Department of Early and Secondary Education and Project Bread. 

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

DTA Benefits & COVID-19 Training

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm