Child Care

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Reviewed February, 2019

Child care vouchers from DTA

Child care vouchers pay the cost of child care.  You can get a child care voucher from the Department of Transitional Assistance if:

  1. You get TAFDC and you work or you are in an approved education or training program; or
  2. You got TAFDC within the last 12 months and you are working or, in certain situations, finishing a training program;or
  3. You live in a homeless or domestic violence shelter, even if you do not get TAFDC.

To ask for a voucher, contact your local DTA office.

Learn about approved education or training programs int the Income Benefits section of MassLegalHelp.

Learn more about childcare if you are homeless or at a domestic violence shelter in the Income Benefits section of MassLegalHelp.

Sliding scale low-income child care vouchers

If you are working, you can apply for low-income child care vouchers from your local Child Care Resource and Referral Agency.

Who to call for help

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm