Follow these 6 steps:
- Within 20 weeks after you start getting Unemployment, and
- At least 3 weeks before the program starts.
If you miss the 20 week deadline, you can still apply. See Worksheet:Keeping track of information.
Find a program that:
- DUA has approved, or
- Is a full-time vocational program with a 70% placement rate that DUA can approve.
Any MassHIRE Career Center can help:
- See MassHire Jobquest or
- Call the TOP Unit: 617-626-5521.
Complete Form 1622 Training Opportunities Program (TOP) Application.
Get the TOP application:
- through your UI Online Account, or
- call the TOP Unit: 617-626-5221, or
- go to any MassHIRE Career Center.
Your training provider must complete part of the form.
Submit your completed TOP application.
- Through your UI Online account, scan and upload your application.
- Fax: (617) 727-1797, or
- Mail to: DUA, Centralized TOP Unit
19 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114
Wait to get approval from DUA before you begin training.
While you wait to hear from DUA keep doing:
- full-time work search, and
- certifying every week.
Protect Your Extended Benefits
While you are in training:
- Attend all your classes.
- Certify weekly that you are in school.