If you cannot afford training, you can apply for 2 kinds of government funding.
Individual Training Account (ITA)
Apply at a local MassHIRE Career Center.
- See www.mass.gov/careercenters, or
- Call 1-877-US2JOBS.
When you apply for funding, the Career Center looks at your
- training you have had already, and
- where you live.
Your program must be on the career center’s list of ITA approved programs.
Federal Pell Grant
Pell grants can pay for up to $6,895 for education or training at most universities, community colleges, and many vocational schools.
- Use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, or
- Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center for a paper application 1-800 4-Fed-Aid (433-3243).
Your school or training program will have a deadline for applying for financial aid. Check the FAFSA deadline for your school or training provider.
You may be submitting two applications:
- One application is for TOP.
- The other application is to pay for your training.