Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?


What if you are denied EA shelter but have no safe place to sleep?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Reviewed October 2022

If you are denied EA shelter and have no place to sleep you will be given a list of non-EA shelters, but those have very few available beds. You may be able to access local referrals by calling 2-1-1 from anywhere in the state. If you live in the City of Boston, you can call the Mayor’s hotline (dial 3-1-1, available 24 hours a day, or 617-635-4500). You may also want to call your State Representative and/or State Senator for help. You can call the State House switchboard at 617-722-2000 or find their names and direct numbers at https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator. Or you can contact a local legal services advocate.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm