Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) and Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) present a series of 13 trainings for legal advocates, and for social, health and community services providers who assist low and moderate-income individuals and families.
- Registration must be done through MCLE (not MLRI). Registration information below.
- Tuition for legal services staff; social, health and community service providers; and non-lawyer advocates: $25 per person per session. All Others: $95 per person per session.
When registering on the MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
- Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
Thursday, September 13, 2018, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- CORI: Basics of the New Criminal Justice Reform Law for Community Providers and Legal Aid Advocates
Monday, October 29, 2018, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- SSI & SSDI Basics
Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Overview of the TAFDC Program - Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
Thursday, December 13, 2018, 9:30am - 4:00pm
- SNAP/Food Stamps 101 Advocacy
Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Utilities Advocacy for Low-income Households in Massachusetts
Wednesday, January 16, 2019, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Tenants' Rights in Massachusetts
Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Health Care Access Programs
Tuesday, February 12, 2018, 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Income Maximization for the Working Poor (Families and Individuals)
Wednesday, Februrary 27, 2018, 9:15am - 3:00pm
- Unemployment Insurance
Thursday, March 14, 2019, 1:00 - 4:30pm
* Tuition for Non-Legal Services Attorneys signing up for a Volunteer Lawyers Project’s UI Case: $25
- Immigrants and Public Benefits
Thursday, March 28, 2019, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- State and Federal Veterans Benefits
Thursday, April 4, 2019, 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Elder Benefits Programs
Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 9:30am - 4:00pm
Email a friend to share this schedule with others.