You can send documents to DTA one of four ways:
- Upload your documents through DTA Connect. The documents go straight into your DTA case record. This is the fastest way to get DTA proofs! See How do I get information about my SNAP case online or with my smartphone?
- FAX documents to DTA at 617-887-8765.
- MAIL documents to:
Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA)
P.O. Box 4406, Taunton, MA 02780-0420.
- Hand-deliver documents to any local DTA office and ask DTA to help you scan them directly into your case. You can keep your original documents and DTA should give you a scan receipt too.
- You always have the option to bring documents at any DTA office. 106 C.M.R.§361.650. If you need DTA to take urgent action on your case, you should tell DTA you want to wait to see a case manager.
- DTA has postage-paid envelopes with the DTA Document Center address. Ask for some if you want to mail documents in the future.
- Keep track of the date and proof that you sent DTA the documents in case documents get lost. If you mail or fax in documents, write on each page of the documents your name and your DTA “Agency ID” (if you know it) or the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- If you are faxing a double-sided document, don’t forget to fax both sides! Photos or documents printed on grey or color paper do not fax clearly-send these documents in through DTA Connect.
DTA Online Guide: Business Process (BP) > Procedures > Document Handling > Document Indexing & Dispositioning