What if I have concerns about security or access to my case including domestic violence or identity theft?

Produced by Patricia Baker and Victoria Negus
Reviewed January 2018

DTA can take steps to protect you from people who may try to harm you or steal your personal information. There are two ways to do this:  a “block” on certain information sources, or a “Heightened Level of Security.”

What does it mean to block certain services?

If you are concerned about safety and unauthorized persons accessing your information, you can ask DTA to put a “block” on online services. If you ask DTA to block information, you will not be able to get information about your case through DTA Connect, the MAP, or the DTA Assistance Line IVR. You can still talk to a live DTA worker over the phone or in person at a local DTA office.

You can ask for this block by calling DTA at 1-877-382-2363 and asking a worker to put a block on online services on your case.

What if I need more protection than the block?

A “heightened level of security” means that DTA will put extra privacy protection on your case. This may be very important if you are victim of domestic violence.

If you ask for heightened security, DTA will only talk with you in person at your local DTA office. You also won’t be able to use DTA’s automated information systems like DTA Connect, the Assistance Line IVR or the MAP. To ask DTA for heightened security, you need to fill out and send to DTA a Request for Heightened Level of Security form.

Advocacy Reminders:

  • DTA has Domestic Violence Specialists in each DTA office to assist individuals who are experiencing or have experienced Domestic Violence. DTA households can ask to speak with a DV Specialist at any time.

DTA Policy Guidance: 

Online Guide Sections: Cross Programs > MAP > My Account Page (MAP) FAQs and DTA Connect > DTA Connect

Additional Guidance:

Show DTA Policy Guidance

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm