If you are under 18, DTA may say you have to live in a teen group home (structured setting) unless you
- live with one or both of your parents,
- live with an adult age 20 or older who is related to you or your baby – not including the baby’s father if you are not married to him (see Which families with children can get TAFDC? and Can you get TAFDC if neither parent is in the home? for a list of relatives),
- live with a legal guardian,
- are 17 and the teen specialist says you can live on your own,
- will turn age 18 within the next 60 days,
- live with your husband if you are married, or
- are a graduate of a Department of Children and Families (DCF) independent living program. 106 C.M.R.§§ 703.182-703.184.