You are here

Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?


Can you get TAFDC if neither parent is in the home?


DTA made a number of changes and suspended a number of rules during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Guide notes in red when a rule was suspended during the pandemic.

Produced by Deborah Harris and Betsy Gwin, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Reviewed December 2022

To get TAFDC, the child has to be living with a relative. Besides a natural or adoptive parent, the relative can be

Advocacy Reminders

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Your Local DTA Office

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm