DTA suspended the Work Program rules during the pandemic. DTA Online Guide Transmittal, 2020-49 (June 29, 2020) (TAFDC: Temporary Changes for TAFDC Work Program Required Clients). DTA reinstated the Work Program with procedural changes effective December 2021). Online Guide Transmittal, 2021-94 (Nov. 26, 2021) (TAFDC: Temporary Procedures due to Covid-19 for Initial Engagement Period and Work Program Rules.)
Most parents and other caretakers who are subject to the time limit are also subject to the Work Program. See links below
- What activities count towards the Work Program requirement?
- How many hours a week do you have to do a work activity?
- What are the work rules for two-parent families?
- What are the work rules for noncitizen parents?
- When do you have to start a Work Program activity?
- How should you choose a Work Program activity?
- What if you can’t find an appropriate Work Activity?
- What if you need child care or transportation to meet the Work Program rules?
- What happens if you do not meet the Work Program rules?
- What if you have a good reason for not meeting Work Program rules?
for more details on the Work Program.
Even if you are not exempt from the Work Program, you may have good cause not to participate. See What if you have a good reason for not meeting Work Program rules?