Get help to pay your gas, oil or electricity.
If you have a low income, find out if you qualify for:
A Discount on your bill.
Fuel Assistance to pay part of your bill.
A program that can pay your rent and utility bills:
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), and
- Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT)
Or if you are worried about your utilities being shut-off,
Keep your utilities on. Stop a shut-off of your utilities
Winter protections- Electric and gas companies cannot shut-off your utilities between November 15 and March 15, or sometimes even later.
Stop a shut-off if you cannot afford your bill and:
- There is a serious illness or personal safety concern.
- There is an infant under one year old living in your house.
- All the adult members of your household are 65 years or older.
Sue your landlord if your landlord turns off your utilities.