You are here

Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?


The Court Keeps Track of the Guardian and the Minor

Produced by Jeff Wolf (Massachusetts Law Reform Institute) with help from Veronica Serrato (Volunteer Lawyers Project)
Reviewed July, 2011

How does the court keep track of the guardian and the minor?

There are two ways.

  1. The judge can put an order in the guardianship decree that says
    the guardian must notify the court of changes of address or telephone number.
    The notice must be written. 
    The  judge can check a box on the decree form to order the guardian to report address and telephone number changes within 30 days.The box is on page 2.
  2. Once a year a child's guardian must file a report about the child to the court. The court has a 3 page annual report form for the guardian to fill out and file.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Volunteer Lawyers Project Clinics

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm