You are here

Changing a Child Support Order

Complaint to Modify

You only use this interview if you make less than $75,000.

You can use the interview if you need to:

  • change the amount,
  • change the parent who gets child support,
  • change the parent who provides health insurance, or
  • end or extend the child support order.

Before you start

You need to

  1. Watch the videos on Child Support and Changing a child support Order;
  2. Read the articles about Child Support and Changing a Child Support Order;
  3. Have your existing child support order nearby;
  4. Gather information about your income and expenses; and 
  5. Have information about the other parent's income. This information is helpful, but not necessary.

Your computer needs

  1. Internet Explorer or Firefox as a browser;
  2. Pop-up blockers turned off
    1. Turn off popup blocker in Internet Explorer 8 & 9.
    2. Turn off popup blocker in Internet Explorer 11
    3. Turn off popup blocker in Firefox
  3. Adobe Flash to see the program. Download it now for free;
  4. Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it now for free.



Begin your interview

Produced by Massachusetts Legal Services
Last Updated May 30, 2014

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm