Court resources

También en

Notas finales

Gary Allen

The court system provides a number of resources to help you learn the law and better represent yourself in court.

Court service centers

Court Service Centers are set up in larger courthouses. They are open the same hours as the court. You can walk in and get help filing out forms, information about court rules, and access to interpreter services. They are currently located at the following locations:

  • Boston
    Edward Brooke Courthouse
  • Greenfield
    Franklin County Courthouse
  • Lawrence
    Fenton Judicial Center
  • Brockton
    George Covett Courthouse
  • Springfield
    Springfield Hall of Justice
  • Worcester
    Worcester Trial Court Complex

For more information, go to the court website.

Lawyer for the Day programs

Most housing court locations and some district courts have Lawyer for the Day programs. Lawyer for the Day programs provide legal advice, help completing forms, and sometimes limited representation. They provide help for both unrepresented tenants and landlords. You must be income eligible to receive assistance. Call your nearest courthouse for days and hours or ask the clerk in the courthouse if there is a Lawyer for the Day Program. Bring all documents and arrive early so that you have time to get help.

Trial court law libraries

The Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries are great resources and open to the public. You do not need to be a lawyer. Librarians are there to help you with questions.

You can find laws, regulations, local ordinances, forms, and much more online at the Trial Court Law Library website

The Trial Court Law Library also has a service where you can “Ask a Law Librarian” a question. You can email, call, or text message. For more about this service, go to the Court website.

There are 15 law libraries in Massachusetts. For a list, go to the Directory in this book or go to the Court website. 

Language access

a. Interpreters

If it is hard for you to understand or speak English, you have the right to an interpreter in court.7 It does not matter what your native language is. The court is supposed to give you a free interpreter.

Tell the court clerk that you need an interpreter. It is best to request an interpreter before you get to court. You can also request one when you get to court. To get an interpreter request form, go to the Court website.

You can email this form to the court.

Also, each court has a special clerk called a "Court Liaison" who requests interpreters. For the names and phone numbers of Court Liaisons, ask the Clerk’s office, or go to:

For more general information about court interpreter services go to:

b. Translated Forms

The courts have translated some forms. You can download translated forms by going to:

MassLegalHelp has also translated legal information into different languages. For more go to:

Notas finales


7 . G.L. c. 221C.

¿Le resultó útil esta página?