82. What should you do if you need to replace or change your EBT card?

También en

Notas finales

Massachusetts Law Reform Institute

Call EBT customer service, 1-800-997-2555, to report a lost or stolen card.

To replace an EBT card:

  • Go in person at a DTA office,
  • Go to the DTA Connect mobile app and request an EBT card (click “benefit detail” and then “EBT Card Status”),
  • Go to DTAConnect.com and go to 'My Info', click “view more” and then click on Request an EBT Card, or
  • Call your DTA worker or local DTA office or call the DTA Assistance Line at 1-877-382-2363.

See how you can find out what is happening with your case for information about DTA Connect. You can also call or go to your local DTA office.

DTA will deduct a $5 replacement fee from your next TAFDC semi-monthly grant. If your cash account does not have enough funds to collect the fee, it will be deducted from your SNAP benefits. See DTA Operations Memo 2014-7 (Feb. 6, 2014). You should not be charged a replacement fee if:

If DTA plans to charge the $5 replacement fee, it will give or send you a form notice that says you will be charged. You can request a refund.

If you request four or more replacement cards in a 12-month period, you will have to speak with a DTA worker to get another card. If your worker is not available, you should speak with the worker on duty. See DTA Operations Memos 2014-7 (Feb. 6, 2014); 2013-18 (Apr. 24, 2013); 2013-16 (Apr. 10, 2013).

DTA should issue your replacement card the day you request it or the following day. DTA says it doesn’t have to keep to these time frames for certain clients requesting five or more replacement cards in a 12-month period. If you are subject to these special rules, DTA will say you have to come back to the DTA office to meet with a Fraud Investigator before DTA will give you a replacement card. See Appendix E (DTA Online Guide Links). This will delay getting you the replacement card may not be legal.

Advocacy Reminders

  • You will not get notice of your right to appeal the $5 fee and you will not get notice of the reasons a fee should not be charged. This lack of notice may not be legal. Contact a legal services advocate, Appendix D, if you want to challenge the fee.
  • You may not get notice of denial and notice of appeal rights if a request for refund is denied. This may not be legal. Contact your local legal services program, Appendix D, if your refund request is denied.
¿Le resultó útil esta página?