106. Can I fix problems without going to a hearing?

También en

Notas finales

Massachusetts Law Reform Institute

Yes. You can try to fix problems by talking with a DTA worker, Supervisor, Office Director, or calling the DTA Ombuds Office.

Start by trying to figure out what happened in your case, when your benefits started or stopped, and what notices you were sent. See getting information about your SNAP case online or with your smartphone for information about DTA Connect.

Second, call the DTA Assistance Line and ask the DTA worker to explain to you the reason for DTA’s action on your benefits.

If you do not get a satisfactory answer, ask for a Supervisor or the Assistant Director in the office you are calling. You can also file a complaint with the Department by speaking with a manager or the DTA Ombuds Office at 617-348-5354. See how the DTA Ombuds Office can help.

Even if you are trying to fix the problem, you can ask for a hearing at the same time. You can always withdraw the hearing request if DTA agrees to fix the problem and correct your benefits1.

Discrimination complaints

If you believe you have been discriminated against based on your race, gender, national origin, disability, age, religious creed, national origin, or political beliefs, you have a right to file a complaint with:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Director, Center for Civil Rights Enforcement
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410

Director of Equal Opportunity
Department of Transitional Assistance
600 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111

2 You need to include your name, address, and phone number as well as information on what happened (date, office, name of person you interacted with, whatever you know). You need to file this complaint within 180 days of the incident.

For legal help, call the nearest Legal Services office. See Appendix E for a list of Legal Services offices.

¿Le resultó útil esta página?