If you do not want to live with your spouse,
- you can take legal steps to end your marriage, or
- you can stay married and separate. If you separate, a judge can still order one spouse to give the other spouse child support and money to live.
Your options include:
The separation of a married couple is not simple. You may also need to think about.
- Custody of your children,
- Child support
- Parenting Time and Visitation, and
- How you are going to split up your property.
If you are a survivor of domestic violence think about your and your children's safety. You may want an abuse prevention order to stay safe. Some people call an Abuse Prevention Order a restraining order.