You are here

Want to share what you like about MassLegalHelp with us?



Reviewed September 2023's mission is to use the Web in new and creative ways to improve access to justice for low income and disadvantaged people. We connect, support, and educate advocates and the general public. The content on our website is written by people in the legal services community. is part of the Massachusetts Legal Aid Websites Project. The project is a collaborative effort of the civil legal aid community of Massachusetts. We are based at Massachusetts Law Reform Institute and get our funding from the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation.

Creative Commons License
Content from MassLegalHelp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Created July 2021

Thank you

CLAVC logo

The Civil Legal Aid for Victims of Crime(CLAVC) initiative funded some of the materials on MassLegalHelp that are intended for victims of crime. The CLAVC Initiative is supported by the Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance through a Victims of Crime Act of 1984 (VOCA) grant from the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.

The Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation provides ongoing financial support for the Massachusetts Legal Aid Websites Project.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm