- Call the court that is handling your case.
- Ask to talk to someone about filing your motion.
- Tell them about the motion you need to file.
- Tell them if it is an emergency.
- "How do I file my motion?"
- "What do I need to do to schedule a hearing on my motion?"
- "Do I need to "serve" or give notice of the hearing to the other side?"
If you file your motion at the same you file a complaint, do not write the information that you want to keep private, like your address or phone number, in the complaint itself. Leave the spaces that ask for this information blank.