You are here

Filing Your Bankruptcy Forms with the Court

Produced by Attorney Mariah Jennings-Rampsi for MassLegalHelp
Reviewed December 1, 2020

Send or drop off your original packet of forms to any of the 3 bankruptcy courts in Massachusetts:

Clerk of Court
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
5 Post Office Square #1150
Boston, MA 02109
(617) 748-5300

Clerk of Court
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
595 Main St #211
Worcester, MA 01608
(508) 770-8900

Clerk of Court
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
300 State St
Springfield, MA 01105
(413) 785-6900

Filing your forms starts your bankruptcy case.  If you cannot afford the filing fee and you have completed the Application to Waive Filing Fee, do not send any money with your forms.  If you do not qualify for a waiver, you will need to send $338 or the first payment if you asked to pay in installments with your forms.  Use a Bank check or Certified check to pay the fee.


You do not have to file all your forms on the same day you file your Petition. But we think it is easier to file them all at once.

To see the filing deadlines for each form see pages 5 and 6 of the Bankruptcy Court’s Instructions for Individuals

Filing without a lawyer

  • Bankruptcy is complicated. Filing without a lawyer is risky.
  • You can lose property and money. You can go to jail if you do not tell the truth.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am - 12pm and 1pm - 4pm