The Probate and Family Court handles most of the cases that involve families and children. These include
- divorce and separation,
- duties of spouses to support each other,
- how they divide their property if they divorce,
- child custody and visitation,
- child support,
- paternity of children whose parents are not married to each other,
- domestic violence, and
- many other issues and cases.
The Probate and Family Court is a statewide court. It has locations or "divisions" in each county. Find more information about your "division" on the Probate and Family Court website.
One of the most important and complicated court forms you need in the Probate and Family Court is the Financial Statement.