You are here

SNAP and Public Charge for Immigrants

Reviewed March 22, 2021
Produced by based on a handout created by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute, Project Bread and Mass. Food Banks that was created from Protecting Immigrant Families materials.
Reviewed March 22, 2021


The Trump Administration’s public charge rule is permanently blocked, nationwide.

We are working to update MassLegalHelp to explain the public charge policy outlined in the 1999 Interim Field Guidance. For up-to-date information, please refer to Protecting Immigrant Families' fact sheets.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm