DTA provides $80 a month for transportation to cover some of the costs of getting to and from some DTA-approved activities and the costs of taking children to and from child care so you can participate in the activity. DTA provides transportation assistance to
- current recipients participating in a DTA-approved education, training, or employment supports work activity,
- current recipients who are doing paid work, and
- former recipients participating in a DTA-approved education or training program that began before the closing. DTA Online Guide (Transportation Overview). 106 C.M.R. § 207.210.
DTA should make the transportation payment without your having to request it if you have an approved Employment Development Plan or verify you are participating in or will be starting an approved activity. You do not have to verify the costs of transportation. DTA Online Guide (Transportation Payment Procedures).
- The MBTA Youth Pass Program provides low-income youth and young adults in participating cities and towns the option of either a reduced price LinkPass for $30 a month or a 50% reduced fare rate for all MBTA subway and bus lines. Youth Pass also provides a 50% reduced rate for commuter rail. Youth Pass Program
- DTA does not provide transportation to community service. If you do not have reliable and affordable transportation to community service, you should have good cause for not meeting the Work Program. See What if you have a good reason for not meeting Work Program rules? You have good cause for not meeting the Work Program if you are undocumented, cannot work for pay, and do not have reliable and affordable transportation to community service.