13. What information can I self-declare?

También en

Notas finales

Massachusetts Law Reform Institute

You can self-declare the following information for SNAP eligibility:

  • Your household composition – for example, if you live with others but purchase and prepare most of your food separately.
  • The U.S. citizenship of any household member.
  • Your date of birth.
  • Your shelter expenses such as your rent or homeownership costs, and the type of utilities you pay for.
  • Your childcare or adult dependent care expenses.
  • If you are age 60 or older or get a disability-based benefit, your out-of-pocket medical expenses up to a capped amount.
  • Your college student status.

See list of SNAP verifications at application: 106 C.M.R. § 361.610.

DTA should accept your self-declaration unless DTA determines the information is questionable. See what if DTA does not accept the proofs you sent them.

You can verbally tell DTA this information when you talk with a SNAP worker, or you can write down this information on your SNAP Application, Recertification or Interim Report forms. You can also send DTA a written statement that you have signed and dated. See Appendix C for a sample self-declaration form for shelter and dependent care costs.

DTA Online Guide

See Appendix G for links to the DTA’s BEACON 5 Online Guide for this section.

¿Le resultó útil esta página?