Organizations that help tenants with foreclosure

Also in
Show Endnotes
Mariah Jennings-Rampsi

In Massachusetts, many cities have “bank tenant associations” (BTAs). BTAs help tenants living in foreclosed buildings and homeowners facing foreclosure. BTAs:

  • Hold meetings where you can learn more about your rights.
  • Hold meetings where you can find out how to protect yourself against banks or investors who do not follow the law.
  • Organize protests and rallies to protect members who are in trouble. You do not have to participate to get their help.
  • Sometimes bring lawyers to meetings to give you legal advice.
  • May offer to send someone to negotiate with your owner to help you get repairs made or make your rent more affordable.

To find a BTA near you, call City Life: 617-524-3541.


Was this page helpful?