Chapter 3: Getting Immigration Records Through a Freedom of Information Act Request

Also in
Show Endnotes
Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project

How do I find out what information the government has about me?

You can file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to get a copy of information Immigration has about you. 

To find information at the Boston Immigration Court, write a letter to: 

  • Boston Immigration Court, Executive Office for Immigration Review, 15 New Sudbury Street, John F. Kennedy Building, Boston, MA 02203 and 
  • include your full name, your A# and the records you want. 

If you have a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court, you can also write: 

  • National Records Center Fast Track (FOIA/PA Office), P.O. Box 648010, Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010, and
  • include a copy of your Notice to Appear, G-639 Freedom of Information Act Request, and written notice of your Master Calendar Hearing Date. 

If you were ever arrested by the Border Patrol, ask for records from: USCIS, National Record Center (FOIA/PA Office), P.O. Box 648010, Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-5570. (This is the same address but with a different zip code).


Was this page helpful?