Chapter 9: Change of Address

Also in
Show Endnotes
Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project

If you move, you must tell the government and the Immigration Court of your new address. If you do not tell them and the Court sends a notice of a hearing to an old address and you miss the hearing, the Immigration Judge can order you deported. Send your change of address to the Immigration Court and the District Counsel, listed above, for cases heard in the Boston Immigration Court. You are also required to inform the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) of a change of address within 10 days of completing your move. You fill out USCIS Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on the form. You can find this form at

Go to the table of contents, or download this chapter as a PDF below.

Chapter 9: Change of Address (2015).


Was this page helpful?